Henna Lounge is very excited to be a featured instructor at the East West Mehndi Meet, a 3 day conference devoted solely to henna, in Hungary, Europe. This event is sure to sell out soon, so be sure to register right away. More information is available at www.eastwestmehndimeet.com
Henna Lounge will be doing henna designs, starting at $10 for small patterns, or $20 special for "artists' choice". Make sure to look for our booth with the "casbah" tent cover and blue and yellow sign, as there will be several other henna vendors. Get the best! For more information on the event, visit www.outandaboutrockridge.com
Learn the Basics of Henna Designing, in Paradise!
Registration Deadline: February 9th
Many of you have been asking when I'm going to teach another workshop in Mexico. Wish granted!
Instructor: Darcy Vasudev
Level: Beginner/Intermediate - Suitable for those who have already begun practicing with henna or want a refresher on the basics, and tips from a professional on composition and design. Total beginners are also welcome.
- First, we will review the basics of henna-paste mixology (the most important part of doing henna is to work with a fresh, safe paste) with a mixing demonstration.
- Next we will construct our own applicators, which are gentle on the hands and can be made with recycled materials.
- Then we will learn the basic components of henna patterning, and work on controlling the flow of the henna paste.
- We will learn to construct motifs such as mandalas, flowers, paisleys, and geometric shapes, as well as accent motifs such as leaves, dots, and teardrops (using that cone control!).
- Finally, time permitting, there will be a design challenge, to create you own style of pattern utilizing 3-5 of motifs we learned.
You should bring paper or a notebook to class to take notes on and to practice drawing on. All henna supplies will be provided for the mixing demonstration as well as fresh henna cones for you to practice with in class.
Class fee: $100 USD ($50 deposit is required to reserve your spot, and the balance of $50 is payable on the day of the workshop). Class size is extremely limited.
If you would like to purchase additional supplies, please let me know by February 5th. Henna kit with 100grams henna powder, 30ml Australian Cajeput, and 10 sheets of Mylar is $35. If you prefer to purchase my henna paste, the cost is $7/cone (requires access to a freezer).
This retreat will offer those looking to tap into their creativity through a variety fun and artistic outlets including henna decorations, mandala art, yoga practice, and collage sessions in one of the most inspirational places on earth, Tulum, Mexico. For more information, and to register, please visit Yoga Adventures Tulum.
This retreat will offer those looking to tap into their creativity through a variety fun and artistic outlets including henna decorations, mandala art, yoga practice, and collage sessions in one of the most inspirational places on earth, Tulum. For more information, and to register, please visit Yoga Adventures Tulum.
~ oceanfront accommodations at Utopia
~ morning Kundalini Kriyas focused on 2nd & 6th chakras
~ evening Meditation and Mantra practice
~ delicious breakfast and lunch daily
~ hand and feet henna sessions with Darcy of Henna Lounge
~ mandala creation on canvas led by Darcy
~ collaging art project with Monica
~ opening intention and cleansing circle
Exclusive classes with Darcy Vasudev
The Polar Sling, hosted by Victoria in Minneapolis, MN, has been designed for and is geared towards the needs and desires of the well-established, experienced, business owner/henna artist, mentor and teacher. We are hosting an open learning day to henna enthusiasts, artists and new professionals on Friday, November 15th. We will be focusing our weekend, Saturday and Sunday, on the needs, concerns, challenges and rewards of the established, experienced professional. Saturday and Sunday is reserved for us oldies. For more information, please visit the official Polar Sling Group.
Henna Lounge hits the streets of Oakland's swanky Rockridge district!
We'll have our "Casbah" tent set up at the corner of College Avenue and Taft, right by the Food Court. Don't be fooled by other henna booths at the fair, there is only one Henna Lounge!! Designs for all budgets!
Hey Burner Babes and Boys! We are hosting a body-beautifying party with special rates on henna and eye-lash extensions. $100/hour of henna, $100 for full set of lash extensions. Choose one, or both! Appointments are highly recommended, and lash color preference is helpful.
There will be light snacks and bubbles!
1. Henna - Darcy and Sabreena will be in da house creating epic designs for your body. Bring an inspiration or let us freestyle. One hour is enough for 2 medium designs, or 1 large design. If you want to cover a larger body area, 1.5-2 hours is recommended.
2. Lashes - Special guest Andrea, a licensed aesthetician, will be offering eyelash extensions in your choice of lengths and colors, yes COLORS. With proper care, they can last 4-8 weeks. So you can say goodbye to fumbling with false lashes in a dust-storm, forget about mascara, and wake up looking naturally glamorous. Each lash is applied individually to your own lashes, so please allow 1-1.5 hours in your schedule for this service.